A MODERN THIRD REICH FOR AMERICA
By Chuck MacNab
The term “power grab,” now being thrown around by some in the media, may not be comprehensive enough to describe what the Democrats under the Obama-Pelosi-Reid combo may be trying to do. Here are some of the “indicators” we need to think long and hard about:
1. Obama’s Secretary of the Treasury is demanding that Congress give him the power to “regulate” (shut down, penalize, create or veto policies) any corporation, business (possibly any "entity" that money can be traced to) that he deems to be a threat to the national interest. No definitions are given concerning how, what or why.
2. Control of the Internet, nation-wide, by moving authority to stop, censor or intrude upon any activity they deem "not to be in the national interest” (whatever they don’t like) to the White House.
3. A new national “youth corps” will be created from the ranks of organizations like Acorn, the Black Panthers and other, "liberal friendly" organizations. They will start with the census and go from there. It will be funded with large sums of taxpayer money and will operate under the total control of the White House.
4. The President is bypassing normal legislative processes with speeches around the nation in order to put pressure on members of Congress to vote in favor of his budget (to give him the vast authority he wants).
5. The major media, except for FOX and Talk Radio is and has been “in the tank” for Obama and publishers pressure any reporter into silence who writes anything likely to be important that is critical of the socialist-liberal agenda. (Look at the number of “softball questions Obama regularly receives in interviews.) Let’s face it, it shows what a gutless bunch they are but to be fair to reporters, they need to pay their mortgages too!
6. Threats in the form of the “Fairness Doctrine” are being “floated” in a crude attempt to silence commentators such as Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham.
When we look at the current Administration initiatives and “connect the dots,” Obama’s current actions are similar to the way Adolph Hitler consolidated his power and took total control of Germany after he became Chancellor in 1932. Germany was experiencing economic hardship and its leaders allowed chaos to exist in the streets. Hitler took advantage of that and offered, “progress” as he directed his cadres of “true believers” against those he perceived to be a threat to his dictatorship. We should look for more signs of that happening here.
Three conservative judges on the Supreme Court have agreed to hear the case brought by attorney Orly Taitz concerning Obama's qualifications to be President (the Constitutional requirement to be "native born"). Four judges are needed in order for the case to be heard so that means one judge normally considered "conservative" has moved to the Obama side on this issue.
People everywhere say it couldn’t happen here. Well, few in Germany thought it could happen there either… but it did… and right under people’s noses! This is not to say that most Germans weren’t big supporters of what Hitler brought in the way of efficiency, prosperity and organization. They were proud of it... that is until things began to “unravel.” Germans had traded freedom and democracy for an efficient dictatorship and a great many eventually paid the ultimate price for doing so. As has been said so often, “freedom is not free,” we have to work for it.
In observing the Administration’s current and on-going activities, we would say that we were still in the “convincing” stage because a lot of time and energy is being put into “salesmanship.” What will happen if they fail to “sell” their program? Well, that would be “inconvenient” and costly to people like George Soros but our guess is that whatever control is needed for the accomplishment of previously outlined objectives will be taken anyway. After all, as Obama and Pelosi have stated, “we won” (the election).
One last thought. Have we already given so much authority to one Party by putting them in absolute charge of Congress and the White House that we have abandoned control of our future? God forbid, but that may be the case!
Here are some links you may want to look at for opinion supporting this point of view: